Kentucky Fried Chicken is one of the fast food industry’s largest users of MSG. This taste-exciting chemical (excitotoxin) is found in so many of KFCs products that it’s nearly impossible to eat a typical meal at KFC without ingesting it.
Fried chicken is coated in starches. The recipe for the KFC chicken batter is basically flour, sugar, salt, black pepper and monosodium glutamate (MSG). All by itself, this is a recipe for chronic degenerative disease because the flour and sugar are highly processed, and the MSG is an excitotoxin that Dr. Russell Blaylock links to obesity, cancer and neurological disorders.
When you fry starches at high temperatures, you also create acrylamides, toxic chemical by-products of cooking that are believed by many health experts to promote cancer (http://www.naturalnews.com/acrylami…). One scientific study, for example, demonstrated that eating acrylamides boosts kidney cancer rates by 59 percent. Acrylamides are also linked to ovarian cancer.
What other chemical ingredients might you find in KFC foods?
- Partially hydrogenated soybean oil (contains trans fats)
- High-Fructose Corn Syrup (linked to diabetes)
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) (linked to cancer)
- Titanium Dioxide (used in sunscreen)
- Yellow #5 (chemical coloring)
- Propylene Glycol (used as antifreeze in RVs)
- Red #40 (another chemical coloring)
- Sodium nitrite (linked to pancreatic cancer)
- Sodium Benzoate (chemical preservative)
- Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy and Wheat Protein (may contain hidden MSG)
- Corn Syrup Solids (more processed sugars)
- Autolyzed Yeast Extract (another hidden source of MSG)
… and many more.
Here’s an ingredients list from just one product on the KFC menu. How many times does MSG appear in this recipe?
Boneless Wings Ingredients:
Wing Shaped White Chicken Fritter Pieces, Seasoning (Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Garlic Powder, Spice Extractives, and Onion Powder), Soy Protein Concentrate, Rice Starch, Sodium Phosphates. Battered With: Water, Wheat Flour, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt, Dextrose, and Monosodium Glutamate. Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Salt, Soy Flour, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate and Sodium Bicarbonate), Monosodium Glutamate, Nonfat Dry Milk, Dextrose, Extractives of Tumeric and Extractives of Annatto. Predusted With: Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Dried Egg Whites, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, and Sodium Bicarbonate), Monosodium Glutamate and Spice, Breading set in Vegetable Oil.
Just what we need…fried MSG.